Rules of the game
- All applications to enter the St Columba’s Hospice Weekly Prize Draw must be from people 16 years and over.
- The Promoter (St Columba’s Hospice, Edinburgh) will conduct the Weekly Prize Draw every Friday. The draw will be made utilising a random number generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house.
- The winning numbers will be published in the Hospice, the lottery website and will be available via the St Columba’s Hospice Weekly Prize Draw Office Helpline from the following working day. Please telephone (0131) 552-4417 (Monday-Friday 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.).
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry and payment must be made in advance by one of the methods permitted. Players’ lottery entry money (which has the same definition as ‘customer funds’ as defined in clause 4 of the Gambling Commission’s Licencing Conditions and Codes of Practice) will be held in a separate bank account so that, in the unlikely event of the insolvency of St Columba’s Hospice, such funds will be protected.
- All proceeds from the Weekly Prize Draw go to St Columba’s Hospice, Edinburgh (Registered Office: 15 Boswall Road, Edinburgh EH5 3RW. Registered in Scotland No. 48700. Charity No. SC003634).
- The Promoter may reject any application without giving reason at its absolute discretion. No detail in the application may be changed in any way once it has been submitted, except for a change of address.
- The prizes for the St Columba’s Hospice Weekly Prize Draw are printed on the tickets and in the leaflets provided and are advertised on the St Columba’s Hospice website. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Prizes will be sent by cheque within 14 days. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure. Prize cheques are valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Unclaimed prize cheques after this period will be treated as a donation to hospice general funds.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any delay in bank payments.
- No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication.
- The Promoter may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the Weekly Prize Draw scheme.
- The Promoter’s decisions made pursuant to the Rules shall, once made, be final and binding.
Licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission. Licence No. 004955. www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk. Promoter: St Columba’s Hospice, 15 Boswall Road, Edinburgh, EH5 3RW. Responsible Person: Jackie Stone. Registered Charity No. SC003634. All proceeds to St Columba’s Hospice. Last year 58.21% of the proceeds from all of our Weekly Prize Draw was used to fund the work of St. Columba’s Hospice. Full Terms and Conditions can be obtained from clicking here or the Lottery Office, at the address above.
If you feel you have a problem with gambling, visit www.begambleaware.org or call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.