Responsible Gambling Guide
Our Commitment Towards Responsible Gambling:
- Remembering that you are taking part for fun and not as a means of investing your money
- Setting strict limits on how much time and money you're going to spend, before playing
- Quitting while you're ahead
- Only gambling with money that you can afford to lose
- Not spending more money on gambling in the hope that you will win back any money that you've already lost
- Keeping up other interests and hobbies and not letting gambling take over your life
- Not gambling in order to escape from stress or boredom.
How To Identify That Gambling Is Becoming A Problem:
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you lied to cover up the amount you have gambled or the time you have spent doing it?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods?
- Do you stay away from work or college to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling?
- After losing, do you feel you must try to win back your losses as soon as possible?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost, in despair and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
If you would like to be excluded from St. Columba’s Weekly Prize Draw, you can complete the online form or download a PDF form and return it as soon as possible to: Ross Robertson, St. Columba’s Hospice, 15 Boswall Road, Edinburgh. EH5 3RW
Licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission. Licence No. 004955. www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk. Promoter: St Columba’s Hospice, 15 Boswall Road, Edinburgh, EH5 3RW. Responsible Person: Jackie Stone. Registered Charity No. SC003634. All proceeds to St Columba’s Hospice. Last year 58.21% of the proceeds from all of our Weekly Prize Draw was used to fund the work of St. Columba’s Hospice. Full Terms and Conditions can be obtained from clicking here or the Lottery Office, at the address above.
If you feel you have a problem with gambling, visit www.begambleaware.org or call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.